Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I am having trouble sorting a 10 column, 25 row selection on a worksheet based on certain criteris, where one or more of the columns contain formulas. When I copy special values the selection to another section ofd the worksheet, and then sort, it works fine. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlkirk View Post
    I am having trouble sorting a 10 column, 25 row selection on a worksheet based on certain criteris, where one or more of the columns contain formulas. When I copy special values the selection to another section ofd the worksheet, and then sort, it works fine. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
    The cells are sorting, but the because the formulae are using relative references they are returning the same values as before. If you make the formula references absolute thye will sort as you expect.

Try sorting columns A and C on this sample. I've flagged 2 of the cells so you can see that the cells are sorting themselves, but the formulae are staying the same in the relative formulae[attachment=88099:sorting formulae.xls]
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gfamily View Post
    The cells are sorting, but the because the formulae are using relative references they are returning the same values as before. If you make the formula references absolute thye will sort as you expect.

Try sorting columns A and C on this sample. I've flagged 2 of the cells so you can see that the cells are sorting themselves, but the formulae are staying the same in the relative formulae[attachment=88099:sorting formulae.xls]
    Thanks.