5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yesterday I filled out an online form that required an email address, so I dutifully filled it in. After clicking to send, the response said my info. had been added to a Google doc form they used to maintain their accounts. I dont use Google docs, but their usage must have been unprotected, because today all my Hotmail contacts are being spammed.

I have a couple of questions:
    Is there anyway to protect my Hotmail contact file so this cant happen again?

Is there anything else I should do given that someone has already broken in once?

Thanks for any help.
    Dick

PS,
    I run Windows 7 Home Premium, use MSSE, Comodo firewall and Hostman. I also periodically run Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    It is too late now for anything that has already been harvested. I recommend you change the password on the Hotmail account.

I'd be suspicious of the site that required the form to be filled. If you know for sure they are reputable contact them directly. Their site may have been hijacked.

Joe
    Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe:
    Thank you for your helpful response. I've done all you suggested. Is there a way to "lock-down" Hotmail's contact list so that it cant be harvested in the future?
    Dick

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick-Y View Post
    Thank you for your helpful response. I've done all you suggested. Is there a way to "lock-down" Hotmail's contact list so that it cant be harvested in the future?
    You're welcome.

The best way is to keep your password secret and change it periodically.

Joe
    Joe