2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In query design view is there a way to get additional "or" lines when developing an or criteria?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Yes - highlight an entire row or rows in the criteria by clicking just to the left of the first column. Then click on Insert Rows and you will get additional rows. (In 2007 it's on the design ribbon - in 2000/2003 it's in the Insert menu in design view.)
    Wendell

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WendellB View Post
    Yes - highlight an entire row or rows in the criteria by clicking just to the left of the first column. Then click on Insert Columns and you will get additional rows. (In 2007 it's on the design ribbon - in 2000/2003 it's in the Insert menu in design view.)
    I think that was meant to be "Insert Rows" rather than "Insert Columns". And in 2007 (at least) it seems to work without highlighting anything.

A related question- in 2007 how do you insert additional columns? No matter what I do the "Insert columns" command on the ribbon never becomes enabled. If I want to add another field from one of the tables I can double click it, but if I want to add a calculated field I would like a new empty column.
    Regards
    John

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Right John, I got my rows and columns tangled up - I've corrected the post. On the Insert Columns in 2007, it seems it works in old databases which have not been rebuilt (as an MDB), but not in new databases created in 2007. I've seen other odd behavior like that too - like the Nav Pane remembering where you were in a given object type. Seems very strange.
    Wendell