New Lounger
    Thanks
    2 issues....
    1- Consistent with my practice in XP & Vista, I create windows (open folders) with shortcuts, that I keep open on my desktop, and that I expect to reopen automatically each time I reboot. What don't know how to in 7, is to get them to open in the exact same place, and same size as when I shut down. Suggestions &/or utilities would be welcome..
    2- Since I somehow managed to get rid of IE8, I'd like to find a way to reinstall it, since some programs require it. The download site I can find, only provides for downloading to XP or Vista, not Win7. Again, help.
    Ray

Thanks
    Hi and welcome

You dont be chance have a backup we can restore and a restore dvd? The open in same size and place I havent seen a fix for. The IE is in add remove windows components.

KEn
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi & thanks. I'll look into it. I had done no manual bkup when I recognized the problem. In the add/remove utility, would IE have automatically been backed up there?. Ray

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try clicking on Start and typing Internet Explorer. If you just deleted the shortcut this may find it. If you've removed it...

1. Close all programs.
    2. Open Control Panel.
    3. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program
    4. In the tasks pane, click Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. In the list of windows features, put a check box next to Internet Explorer 8.

Windows 7 remembers the position/size of the last window that was resized for an application. This becomes a problem when you have multiple instances of Windows Explorer open, as most people like different shortcuts to folders to open in different positions and sizes. I haven't seen a Windows fix for this besides using 3rd party software.

Windows rights the value after every resize or move, not on close, so if you open explorer 1 and 2. Move/resize 2. Close 2. Close 1. Explorer will open to last move/resize of 2.

Elsewhere someone suggested using Window Manager to help with this issue.

Cheers,

Nathan