2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    How can I create a field that adds 14 days to the CreateDate of a document? I expected it to be a simple matter of using the formula and CreateDate fields ( { = { CreateDate } + 14 } or something similar, with a bit of formatting for the result) but have had no success whatsoever.

I obviously spend too much time in Access and Excel where it's a piece of cake to do this!

Hmmm - I obviously haven't spent enough time in the WOPR lounge recently, either, as I can't find the button to insert my signature (and can't even find my old favourite beating-my-head-against-a-brick-wall emoticon any more)...

Alison Campbell

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Hi Alison,

To see how to do this and just about everything else you might want to do with dates in Word, check out my Word Date Calculation Tutorial, in post 249902. In particular, check out the item titled 'Calculate a day, date, month and year, using n days delay'. For your purposes, you'll need to change the DATE expressions to CREATEDATE. The tutorial also includes details on the formatting aspects.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Many, many thanks, Macropod - I might have got there in the end, but you certainly saved me a lot of digging!

And as a Canberran, you even have the dates in the correct d/m/y sequence!

Cheers

Alison