2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Hope some one can help me with this problem. I am using Access 2003. I am reading records from a query and placing the data in the query into a new record on the table. This is being done in VBA. I have two fields in the table that will not let me update them. I can key data into these fields, but not even a literal will be excepted into the two text fields on the table. The following code is how I opened the table:
    Set dbR = CurrentDb
    Set recRpt = dbR.OpenRecordset("tblConstrInspectRptData", dbOpenDynaset, dbAppendOnly)
    I am at a lost as to why all but two fields will take data.
    Thanks,
    Sarge

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Any chance of seeing your database? It would be good to see all the code you are using to append to the table.
    I don't think you need to use dbAppendOnly as a parameter. I have never used that parameter.
    Is the database spit into a FE/BE? I the backend SQL Server?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hey Patt,

I think there is to much code. Although most of the tables are in another access database on the computer. The Table giving me trouble is on the data base with the forms, queries and reports. All the data writes out except for two fields. I have been renaming the fields and moving them between the recRpt.Add and the recRpt.Update statements. I just got them to work after renaming them about thirty times. Still have no idea why I was having a problem in the first place.
    Programming can be such "FUN",
    Sarge

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Glad you solved your problem, as a matter of interest, what were the field names of the problem fields?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hey Patt,
    One Field started as CITYSTATEZIP. I tried CITYTOWNSTATEZIP, CITYTOWNSTATEZIPCODE, CityStateZipCode, and a few more that I do not remember. What worked after trying a dozen times CityStateZip. Why??? I still have no idea. The other field started as MAP. I tried Map, MapNumber, MAPNO, MAPNUMBER, MAPNBR. And the win was MapNo. Again I had tried it and it did not work, but thenjust started to work. You have to love computers.
    I even tried shutting down the computer and walking away for a day. May be I offended the computer gods? Or I am just getting to old for this?
    SARGE