New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm getting ready to replace my 320 gig notebook drive with a 160 gig SSD. I know I can use acronis disk director 10 (I think) to shrink my partition but I don't own it. Here's the situation: My 320 gig is about 30% used. I want to shrink it to about 120 gig, then make an image and restore that image to the 160 SSD. My problem is there are some files at end of drive so win7 wont shrink it. Is there a free way to move all my files to the front of the drive so I can shrink it using win 7? Thanks.

Thanks
    Hi and welcome

Several options. First acronis has a free trial. Second could you move the files at the end off to an external drive?

Ken
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

Thanks
    Hi Don and welcome to the Lounge!

If your edition of Windows 7 is 32 bit, then you can download a copy of Easeus Partition Manager here . It is free but if you have a 64 bit edition of Win7 you would have to use their Pro edition which is not a freebie. EPM will safely move all your data when it changes your partition. I have used it to shrink my XP partition to prepare for Win7 dual boot and it worked great.

Paragon Partition Manager 10 is a good free one for 64 bit Win7. You can get it here .

Hope this helps.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks guys, I have 64 bit version so I'll try the Paragon Partition Manager.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Update: Used Paragon Partition Manager and it worked like a charm. I give them 5 stars! Thanks again for the help. Case Closed