Thanks
    App: MS Office Ultimate (Word)

My wife and I have seperate logins on a laptop. I don't know, and she doesn't recall, what happened last night when she was using Word, but the app crashed and she re-opened Word to recover he doc. Nothing in Word worked except the close window "x". I tried several times this morning to get it to work (including MS Office "repair") and got no where. I was about to do an uninstall and reinstall, but decided to use my login just for the heck of it. To my amazement Word works just fine - but only with my login. It still is "not responding" with my wifes login. All the other Office apps work just fine with both logins. I'm baffled!

I would have posted in the "Word" forum, but now I wonder (due to the login distinction) if it has something to do with the OS, so I'll understand if the post gets moved. Any help greatly appreciated!
    Bryan,
    Not the smartest critter on the glacier. . .
    . . .but I'm persistent (does that count?)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Try the "old one" of closing Word, locating your wife's version of Normal.dot (C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Normal.dot), renaming it to (say) Normal_.dot and then reopening Word. Tends to work most times........ HTH
    Gre

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Wagner View Post
    Try the "old one" of closing Word, locating your wife's version of Normal.dot (C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Normal.dot), renaming it to (say) Normal_.dot and then reopening Word. Tends to work most times........ HTH
    Great solution Malcolm, we truly appreciate the help!

Is there something we did to cause this issue? How can we avoid it in the future?
    Again, thank you for delivering us out of this trouble!
    Bryan,
    Not the smartest critter on the glacier. . .
    . . .but I'm persistent (does that count?)