4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I produce PowerPoint presentations for textbook publishers. I work from PDF files they supply. I have noticed a weird behavior with images that I am wondering if anyone understands.

When I need to use an image from a PDF file, I use the PDF tool to highlight it and copy it to the clipboard. Sometimes I paste it directly into the PowerPoint slides. Other times, I need to make minor tweaks first so I will paste it into Paint, make the tweaks, and then copy/paste into PP.

When I do that, the image comes in much smaller than if I had bypassed Paint and pasted directly. I am wondering why and if this behavior can be avoided.

(I do know that if you paste a very large image from Paint, PP will scale it down to fit--sometimes but now always. That is not what is going on here. If I check the formatting of the image, it comes in at 100 percent.)

I have attached a PP file to show what I mean.

It's not a big deal, just an annoyance I run into over-and-over.

Ronny
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ronny Richardson

Thanks
    This is just a guess. It likely has to do with "resolution" pasting directly from pdf to ppt will keep the resolution that was set for pictures when the pdf was generated, going through any other software could adjust the graphic to what ever is the default for that package, if there is no change it is likely that both the mud hut software and Paint were the same.
    If you want the best possible 'read' on these you could adjust the pdf on your screen so that it is the way you want it in ppt, take a screen shot with a program like irfanview then put it into your ppt. Irfanview will even let you tweak the resolution if you need to.
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(