New Lounger
    New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
    I have a program at work that I use in MS Access. We recently upgraded to 2007 from 2003 but I'm not sure if this is causing my problem. I have run this query since the upgrade and only yesterday started seeing this problem. I run the form and when it produces results, a debug screen appears with the following info:

the line " If (DateFormat = 1) And (Trim(x) <> " ") Then" is where the debugger stops.

' First Release of this function returns a date which comes in as yyyymmdd (DateFormat=1)
    ' and returns in either MM/DD or MM/DD/YY or MM/DD/YYYY, depending on the StrLen passed in.
    ' 23.7 - Changed Input Parameter 'x' from a String to Variant Data Type so Null Values will not
    ' cause a Data Type Mismatch error.
    ' - Added 'Not IsNull' check so no formatting will be done for a Null value. If Null, it will
    ' just return and empty string.
    Dim tempdate As String
    tempdate = ""

If Not IsNull(x) Then
    If (DateFormat = 1) And (Trim(x) <> " ") Then
    tempdate = Mid(x, 5, 2) & "/" & Mid(x, 7, 2) & "/" & IIf(StrLen = 10, Mid(x, 1, 4), Mid(x, 3, 2))
    tempdate = Left(tempdate, StrLen)
    End If
    End If

ConvDate = tempdate
    End Function

Cambridge, UK
    Can you post the full function,
    and an example call to it with example input parameters.
    Also what is the debugger message.

Super Moderator
    Evergreen, CO, USA
    Doing as Andrew suggests would help a great deal - but my guess is you have some garbage data being passed in that connot be formatted as a date. In the debugger you should be able to print the value of x and see what the data looks like. That function should work just fine in 2007.