New Lounger
    Thanks
    Windows 7 Home Premiumis installed on my desktop PC and I want to prevent the OS from inserting those stupid "thumbs.db" files. I understand this is a fairly easy task to do using the Global Policy Editor (gpedit.msc). Only problem is GPE is not included with the Home Premium version. Can anyone provide a registry hack that will do the same thing? Thanx.

Charlie

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    This "thumbs.db" file is used when one uses the Thumbnail or icon's in Windows Explorer. If you never want this file made, do NOT ever select these modes.
    It it is NOT there every time the folder is selected then the thumbnails or icons MUST be regenerated and you will have a slow response to the folder listing.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Vanderford View Post
    Windows 7 Home Premiumis installed on my desktop PC and I want to prevent the OS from inserting those stupid "thumbs.db" files. I understand this is a fairly easy task to do using the Global Policy Editor (gpedit.msc). Only problem is GPE is not included with the Home Premium version. Can anyone provide a registry hack that will do the same thing? Thanx.

Charlie
    Go to this site:

http://www.pawprint.net/news/?action=view&nid=84

Edited...

I did some more searching on Google and found this. Very good!

http://superuser.com/questions/2345/...-and-windows-7