Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    How or when will yahoo pages be viewable? I used to be able to view in IE Tab but now that I am using FF 3.6 I can not use IE tab. I have tried the other IE viewing plugins but I don't find any of them to be very good.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What Yahoo pages can you not access? I can see everything using FF. Granted it's not 3.6. but it sounds like you had the problem before using 3.6,

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I can not display Yahoo or my yahoo------- http://www.yahoo.com/ http://my.yahoo.com/ all I get are blank pages I have tried virtually everything-removing all extensions,plugins, etc. The only thing that I have discovered is that both of these pages are indicated to be rendered in "quirks mode" Please keep asking questions and hopefully we can get this figured out. This whole problem started some time ago when Yahoo put an m. in the url. I know I am not alone in this problem. Thanks, Lew.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What do you mean by "This whole problem started some time ago when Yahoo put an m. in the url".? To what "m" are you referring? The m in com or in my?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm using 3.6, and have no trouble viewing either of your examples. Sounds like some kind of phishing thing has messed up your URLs, or something.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The m appeared like this http://m.www.yahoo.com/ and lots of people have had problems with this. It was on a bunch of posts on the FF support forums. Since I last posted here I have uninstalled and re-installed FF3.6 and still no luck. Yahoo finance works OK as do several other pages and all of those that do work OK are Render mode: Standards compliance mode so, again, the only thing that I have been able to identify that is different is the "quirks mode". Does any one know anything about this?

Thanks
    First, IE Tab has been updated and is compatible with Firefox 3.6. There is also a new Extension with a slightly different name which gets the job done. (I am not at my own computer right now, so I don't have the exact name of the new IE Tab Extension ready at hand.)

I also am mystified by the Yahoo pages issue. Has your Java or Flash Player recently been updated? These plug-ins should be kept up to date for security reasons, but it can take a week or so for Yahoo to catch up with its AJAX Scripts. Try switching to Classic View in Yahoo Mail and see if that helps.

Another thing may have happened -- during your Firefox update, you may have corrupted your "about:config" file. This has the effect of corrupting the Profile of the current Firefox user. But this error should cause all web pages to render badly. So I do not think this is what has happened in this case.

Check any firewall security you may have. Something may be blocking scripts, Java, or the Yahoo web site. Even Firefox itself may be getting blocked, but that would also affect all web pages. Flash objects also must be unblocked for Yahoo to work properly. Also check your Firefox settings to make sure Firefox is not blocking scripts or Flash objects.
    -- Bob Primak --

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbarron View Post
    What do you mean by "This whole problem started some time ago when Yahoo put an m. in the url".? To what "m" are you referring? The m in com or in my?

"http://m.www.yahoo.com" is used internally on Yahoo's servers for their e-mail and MyYahoo pages. This issue can be overcome by simply going to "http://my.yahoo.com" and then signing in. Mail can be accessed from there. I don't personalize my Yahoo Main Page, so I never worry about this sort of thing. My Firefox 3.6 with all plug-ins up to date has no problems getting into Yahoo (Main Page) or Yahoo Web Mail.
    -- Bob Primak --

New Lounger
    Thanks
    everything is up-to-date. my.yahoo.com and yahoo.com are what give blank screen. I can log in to my mail account but when I am in the mail account or any where else if I go to yahoo.com or my.yahoo.com I get blank screen.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    also, where do you find the updated ie tab? I was just at FF addons and it still only shows the old version.

Thanks
    To rule out problems with settings or extensions, try accessing Yahoo! in Firefox's Safe Mode. Close all Firefox windows, then go to Start>(All) Programs>Mozilla Firefox and choose the Safe Mode option. Don't make any permanent changes, this is just a test. Any luck?

You also can try a new "clean" profile, again, just for testing. See: Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows @ MozillaZine Knowledge Base. Any luck?

To go back to your current profile with all of its settings, close all Firefox windows and then start up using the normal icon.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I created a new profile and that worked-It also confirmed what I had identified as the problem the "quirks mode" in the page rendering. In the new test profile Yahoo.com ans my.yahoo.com both appear and the pages are in the standards mode. I guess now I have to figure out how to edit/transfer all of my other settings and data to this new profile or to correct the page rendering error in the "old" profile. Thanks very much for the help!!! Lew.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GIBBS View Post
    I created a new profile and that worked-It also confirmed what I had identified as the problem the "quirks mode" in the page rendering. In the new test profile Yahoo.com ans my.yahoo.com both appear and the pages are in the standards mode. I guess now I have to figure out how to edit/transfer all of my other settings and data to this new profile or to correct the page rendering error in the "old" profile. Thanks very much for the help!!! Lew.
    This eliminates the AJAX (Java and Flash Player) possibilities. It does appear that you suffered a Firefox configuration issue when upgrading. I had that happen, too. Did you by any chance have Personas running when you upgraded to Firefox 3.6? I did, and that's where things went haywire.

To prevent losing Firefox Profile information if the Profile ever has to be clean-reinstalled, you might want to use the Firefox FEBE Extension. This Extension makes a Folder containing all of your Profile data (or whatever you select in the FEBE options) and the Extension can then be reinstalled into the new Profile. Then, just hit the FEBE Restore button, and select what to restore. Bookmarks, Themes and Extensions can be restorewd, as well as some Firefox settings, all with a few mouse clicks, from a local folder. Very convenient for me.

In any even, I'm glad to see that your issue seems to have been resolved now.
    -- Bob Primak --

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Bob-no personas running. I will explore the FEBE thing. I have been re-installing and moving some stuff but it is a slow tedious process. Again thanks for the help and I will post later on about all of the changes to the profile. Regards, Lew.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    With a bunch of work, I have finally eliminated my old profile and am using the new one. I did make copies of my old profile file for future help/support if I have more problems. I went to Mozilla support and posted the following: I fixed the problem by creating a new profile. The original default profile was displaying the pages in "quirks mode". The new profile displays them in standards mode. What individual file controls the page rendering? While the new profile solved the problem, it was a huge inconvenience. ----------- this is the link if anyone is interested in following. My link Very special THANKS to jscher2000 and bobprimak---------I really appreciated the help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast