Thanks
    I'm having problems with "Access Denied" all over the place when I try to put a link to a program in a Terminal Server user's Start Menu on Windows Server 2008.

What's the best way, please?

Thanks
    BATcher

milliHelen
    (unit): that quantity of female facial beauty sufficient to launch a single ship

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    What kind of link are you doing - a hyperlink to a web page? Server 2008 restricts IE to local sites by default.
    Wendell

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WendellB View Post
    What kind of link are you doing - a hyperlink to a web page? Server 2008 restricts IE to local sites by default.
    No, I'm simply trying to set up a program to run at startup-time, and don't want to put in in HKCU...Run.

In XP I would have put the link into C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Start Menu\Programs\Startup, but that is now hidden from me (yes, even with the usual "Show Hidden Files" folder option enabled)..

I suspect I will have to look into Reparse Points, because that seems to have some bearing on where Microsoft have chosen to hide things this time round...
    BATcher

milliHelen
    (unit): that quantity of female facial beauty sufficient to launch a single ship

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Sometimes I read too fast - I saw link, but not "to a program" - sorry. The one server where that is done is using a login script to run programs. But I do have access to the Startup menu - it's now under C:\Users rather than under C:\Documents and Settings.
    Wendell

Thanks
    Thanks, Wendell - intensive and extensive web research has enabled me to track down the target of those junction points!

I am now trying to get a Task-Scheduled program to run at logon time without getting the infuriating "Some startup programs have been blocked". And Microsoft wants you to leave UAC turned on...
    BATcher

milliHelen

Thanks
    In case anyone is interested, I've attached a snappily-titled Word document with the list of locations...
    BATcher

milliHelen