2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi everyone,

My company just migrated back to Outlook from Notes. In Notes people could schedule recurring meetings without a "rule"--essentially have the same meeting just on random days and times. Does Outlook have this ability? It seemed like it only offered Daily, Weekly, etc.

We're trying to do this without copying-and-pasting the meeting.

Thanks,

Beej

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itsjustb View Post
    Does Outlook have this ability?
    Unfortunately, not as far as I know.

Joe
    Joe

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itsjustb View Post
    Does Outlook have this ability?
    As Joe says, no. Your best option is to set up the recurring and drag the exceptions to a different time-slot in your Calendar, or to set up a single appointment then copy it to the random walk of dates you want, and thereby create a series of independent meetings with the same invitees, subject and body text.

(You are also going to miss Message Reply with Attachment, Appointment "Send message to all invitees who have responded", & "send message to all invitees who have not responded", and several other features, though many of these can be coded into Outlook. On the other hand, Outlook does not treat the Sent folder as the vast repository of everything you ever sent - if you move something out of it, it's moved. And Outlook generally follows MS Office conventions in copy and paste, drag and drop, and so forth, I like the Advanced Find capabilities in Outlook much better - but I'm not a Notes guru and work on an old version.)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS