New Lounger
    Thanks
    Has anyone figured out how to open email attachments that have an .email extension in Windows 7? I know that you can save them to your machine and rename them so they have an .eml extension. They will then open in windows live mail. The .email extension was an Outlook Express thing, and since it is not a part of Windows 7, It's hard to open these attachments.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You should be able to double-click the file (or right-click and select Open With | Other), at which point you get a dialog asking if you want Explorer to search the internet for the app or if you select it from a list. Say you to want toi select it from a list. You'll get the Open With dialog that lists a number of apps. If Live Mail is not one of the items listed, click on Browse and then find the Live Mail executable. Make sure the "Always use selected program" checkox is checked. From now on double-clicking the file should open it in Live Mail.

The above is all a guess. It works for every extension I have tried it with, but I don't use Live Mail so I don't know if there is some hidden gotcha.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If the .email extension has been assigned to another program already so the "Open With..." entry doesn't show up when right-clicking on the file, try holding Shift down while right-clicking the file. That should make the "Open With..." entry appear regardless of whether or not the extension has been assigned already.
    Cheers,
    Peter