Thanks
    I haven't been able to find a way of changing the dirty dark green background colour on the Windows Server 2008 logon screen (the first one presented, which has "Windows Server 2008" at the bottom, and two large icons at the centre). The colour seems to be either RGB=29,95,122 or RGB=24,93,123.

The usual registry edit
    • navigate to HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Colors
      (alternative location, which overrides, HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\W inlogon)
    • and change the contents of the Background value from (say) 29 95 122 to whatever your heart desires
    doesn't seem to work (or requires a server reboot, which hasn't happened yet).

Does anyone know of a way to change this background colour? Thanks!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am interested to know as well but I don't have a non production 2008 server I can test on at the moment. I do have a 2008 R2 server which appears they have changed things around yet again.

Also it is best not to try the authui.dll hacks that are going around as 2008/R2 may leave you with windows saying that this version of authui.dll is not meant for this version of windows. Any attempt to login will just leave you with a black screen requiring you to restore the original file manually.

[attachment=88385:2k8r2logon.jpg]
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just an update on this,

I've read this this application is compatible with Windows 2008 R2 from user reports but I have not had a moment to try it myself.

Tweakslogon

http://tweaks.com/software/tweakslogon/