New Lounger
    Thanks
    In Outlook 2000 there was an Addressing dialog (found under Tools | Settings) where you could specify which address books would be checked when a user typed something in the To field of an email message, and in which order the address books would be checked. Where can I find this setting in Outlook 2003?

In my office we're running Outlook with exchange server and (in Outlook 2000) always remove the Outlook address books (Contacts and any other contact folders we create) from the addressing list, leaving only the Global Address List (our internal list) - so that if someone types a name or initials into the To field it will only resolve for internal recipients, never for names from a Contacts folder, thus preventing inattentive users from inadvertently emailing message to an outsider that were intended for an insider who happens to have a similar name. But users who are aware of the issue are allowed to keep their contacts folders listed, so I need to know both how to remove contacts folders from that list and also how to add them back in if a user would like that ability.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I believe you will find what you are looking for under Tools / Options on the Mail Setup tab under Data Files... - there you can choose the Address Books tab and add change or remove various Address books. Also note that as I recall, Outlook 2003 introduced a cache of recently used email addresses, and those will be shown as well.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, but no, the only thing listed there is a .pst file.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyndyz View Post
    In Outlook 2000 there was an Addressing dialog (found under Tools | Settings) where you could specify which address books would be checked when a user typed something in the To field of an email message, and in which order the address books would be checked. Where can I find this setting in Outlook 2003?
    I think you want this one: Tools > Address Book, then Tools > Options.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    I think you want this one: Tools > Address Book, then Tools > Options.
    Thanks so much, that's it exactly!