Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Hello All,
    As i have never "posted " on this particular board please excuse the dumb question (yes there are dumb questions)...here goes .As i seem to be always "taking ownership" away from "trusted installer" or "system" so that i can delete or set myself as the "owner", i grow tired of having to do this over and over again. Question... is there any way to set myself as the "owner" by "taking ownership" of the whole "PC" at once? Using some kind of "batch command" ( not sure if that's the correct wording) If i can do this one at a time, it seems to me that it should be possible? any ideas ? Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    You should not need to take ownership if you are a local admin.
    If you really want to do it open Windows Explorer
    Right click on C:
    Select Properties > Security > Advanced > Owner
    Tick the replace owner box and click OK.
    Wait.....

cheers, Paul

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by P T View Post
    You should not need to take ownership if you are a local admin.
    If you really want to do it open Windows Explorer
    Right click on C:
    Select Properties > Security > Advanced > Owner
    Tick the replace owner box and click OK.
    Wait.....

cheers, Paul
    Paul,
    Hello, Why didn't i think of that?.... To respond When i am deleting registry items ..such as after giving the "heave ho" to lets say my last windows program "IE" you are left with hundreds of "registry errors" some of which you have to take "ownership" to be able to delete ....So now i had to manually "jump through the hoops" to set myself as the owner on each and every one, so i could then delete the "key" just running as an "admin" doesn't do it.I have done as you have suggested and will give it a go on my next deletion project "Windows Media Center" Thanks again for your response regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)