Thread: Adobe Flash

New Lounger
    Thanks

Operating System System Model
    Windows Vista Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 2 (build 6002)
    Install Language: English (United States)
    System Locale: English (United States) Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC 1
    Enclosure Type: Notebook
    Processor a Main Circuit Board b
    2.20 gigahertz AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core
    256 kilobyte primary memory cache
    2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (2 total)
    Not hyper-threaded Board: Compal 30FC 01.99
    Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
    BIOS: Hewlett-Packard F.48 06/17/2009
    Drives Memory Modules c,d
    500.10 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    421.18 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

Adobe flash will not install for the life of me. I have done the following to try to correct: I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash at least six times and that did no good I went to regedit and deleted all Adobe (after I had deleted from Add/Remove), rebooted and tried to reinstall but no good. Ran a check for errors, did a system restore and neither helped.

I will get this message if I try to view a video; Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

I frequently get an error message (that pops up out of nowhere after I have uninstalled it) of; Playing flash failed. Please install Shockwave flash firstly. If I click okay it takes me to this site http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. I start all over again and download and install and will get a message that it was installed but apparently it was not as it does not work.

Will appreciate any help y’all can give me.

Anna Ruth
    A wise man once said "Touch my mind and you get my Interest. Touch my heart and you get my Love. Touch my soul and you get Passion beyond your wildest dreams . Touch all three and you have a Lover beyond eternity."

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Go to support in the Adobe site and search for "Flash player version check".
    Run the version checker and see what it says about your player.
    Let us know.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had the same problem. I forget where I found the answer, but it's pretty simple.

Go to Adobe and find "uninstall_flash_player.exe". Apparently this is something Adobe came up with to cure this problem. Run it and you should then be able to install Adobe Flash.

Hope this helps, Shark

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Here is another take on the problem. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/163/fb1634cb.html

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by P T View Post
    Go to support in the Adobe site and search for "Flash player version check".
    Run the version checker and see what it says about your player.
    Let us know.

cheers, Paul

Went here http://www.mediacollege.com/adobe/fl...rsion/show.htm
    And got this: Show My Flash Player Version
    This is the complete version number of the Flash Player installed on your computer:
     The letters at the beginning show the operating system (e.g. WIN for Windows).
     The first number shows the major version — this is the number usually referred to when talking about your version.
     The numbers after the first comma are the minor (revision) version numbers.

All it showed was a red X

Went here http://www.whatismyflash.com/ and it showed: WhatIsMyFlash.com
    The Fastest and Easiest Way to Determine Your Flash Player Version.

Installed Flash Player: None (or Disabled)

In Programs and Features, it shows Adobe Flash Player 10Active X but shows no version number. Also shown is Adobe Flash Player Plugin, and shows no version number. Perhaps I have somehow disabled it?

When I go to services.msc, nothing in there with the name Adobe. Should there be? When I go to msconfig, Adobe Reader and Adobe ARM are in there. Should Adobe Flash Player be showing?

Make sure that Internet Explorer security is set to a level that allows viewing of ActiveX controls. The Medium: Default Level allows you to view Flash content. For any Custom Level, follow the instructions below. (Contact your System Administrator for more information.)

To change your security level:

Open Internet Explorer.
    Choose Tools > Internet Options.
    Select the Security tab.
    Select the Custom Level.
    Find the section "ActiveX controls and plug-ins".
    Set 'Download Signed ActiveX Controls' to Prompt.
    Set 'Run ActiveX Controls And Plug-ins' to Prompt.

Under Active X Controls and Plug-ins are:

Allow previously unused Active X controls to run without prompt. Choices are Disable or Enable. Enable is checked.

Allow Scriplets is set to Enable.

Automatic Prompting for Active X Controls is set to Disable. Will change to Enable Maybe that is the problem.

Binary and script behaviors is set to Enable.

Display Video and Animation on a web page that does not use external media player is on Disable. Jut changed to Enable.

Download signed Active X Controls is on Prompt ( recommended).

Download Unsigned Active X Controls is on Disable ( recommended)

Initialize and Script Active X controls not marked as safe for scripting is checked Disable (recommended).

Only allow approved domains to use Active X without prompt is on Enable.

Run Active X Controls and Plug-ins is on Enable

Script Active X Controls marked safe for scripting is on Enable.

Went here http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html and got a message: and in blue title bar space it said could not retrieve a valid ProgID of class MSXML2.SXL Template 3.0, (original exception undefined)

Anna Ruth
    A wise man once said "Touch my mind and you get my Interest. Touch my heart and you get my Love. Touch my soul and you get Passion beyond your wildest dreams . Touch all three and you have a Lover beyond eternity."

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark Bait View Post
    Here is another take on the problem. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/163/fb1634cb.html

Thank you,Shark. Could not use as not for my OS..

System Requirements
    Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP

You can download and install SubInACL.exe on the following operating systems:

Windows 2000 Professional
    Windows 2000 Server
    Windows 2000 Advanced Server
    Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
    Windows XP Professional
    Windows Server 2003, Web Edition
    Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition
    Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition
    Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition

Anna Ruth

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Did you try the uninstall_flash_player.exe from this site?
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

cheers, Paul

Lounger
    Thanks
    I totally agree that you should run the Adobe uninstall exe referred to above.

BUT FIRST, do an online version scan by Secunia at
    http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/

The neat thing about this is that if you have an old version installed, it tells you the exact location of what it is detecting.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by movrshakr View Post
    I totally agree that you should run the Adobe uninstall exe referred to above.

BUT FIRST, do an online version scan by Secunia at
    http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/

The neat thing about this is that if you have an old version installed, it tells you the exact location of what it is detecting.

Thank you. I appreciate your feedback. I had used that link numerous times and reinstalled Flash but never worked.

I do use Secunia.

For some strange reason, Adobe Flash finally installed, and I have no idea why but glad it did. I had uninstalled and reinstalled so many times, guess it got tired of me and gave in. 

Anna Ruth