Thread: hiccups

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've experienced this for along time and never have seen anything about it over the years.

When you place your cursor over a live link and click, the screen jumps and nothing happens. Go back to the link and click again and it works. I call it the windows hiccups. Very annoying behavior! It's been happening on versions of windows, xp. vista and now win 7.

Help, how do I stop it.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roho View Post
    I've experienced this for along time and never have seen anything about it over the years.

When you place your cursor over a live link and click, the screen jumps and nothing happens. Go back to the link and click again and it works. I call it the windows hiccups. Very annoying behavior! It's been happening on versions of windows, xp. vista and now win 7.
    In what application? It seems as though the application may not have focus when you click on the link.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    In what application? It seems as though the application may not have focus when you click on the link.

Joe
    It doesn't matter what application. Mostly when using firefox, but it happens in other apps.

Not sure what you mean by focus. Firefox can be running for hours, but when I try to open a web site that a has a link the page jumps.