Thread: Faxing from PC

Lounger
    Thanks
    Is it possible to send and receive faxes from a home computer? I have Windows Vista Home Basic and have a dialup connection for internet. Is there faxing freeware or inexpensive software? Thanks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Is it possible to send and receive faxes from a home computer? I have Windows Vista Home Basic and have a dialup connection for internet. Is there faxing freeware or inexpensive software? Thanks.
    The Windows fax app is not included in Vista HB, but an inexpensive and suitable alternative is Snappy Fax Desktop.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a Toshiba Laptop with Vista Home Premium I found the installed fax-smart modem wont fax. On researching i found Microsoft blocked fax because they consider Home Basic and Premium are for home use only, and fax is for business, bla bla bla.
    I checked out heaps of fax software and the only one I found capable of installing the FAX DRIVER in the printer folder is a shareware program called Fax Machine. Its installs the Fax Driver no worries and works just fine. http://www.nicocuppen.com/
    I'm running version 4.32, i mention that because i downloaded the latest version (you get free updates) and couldn't get it to work at all, I'm not sure whether was corrupt download or what happened but i reinstalled the 4.32 version and WORKS FINE FOLKS