New Lounger
    Thanks
    I run the Secunia PSI utility every day, and recently was notified that my flash drive needed patching. After I applied the downloaded patch and rescanned I was still insecure. I then went to the file folder which Secunia makes available with a click, and found both the installed new ocx file and an earlier one which was giving me the problem. I tried to delete it, and was told that I didn't have permission to delete the file.

I then visited Secunia's forum thread, where I found that ocx files don't go away easily. All open utilities using flash, which includes Secunia, must be closed, and some posters suggested deleting Adobe flash and re-installing, which I did, but the old ocx file was still in the folder. After several failed attempts to delete the ocx file (and a few days of worrying about having an insecure pc on line) here's how I finally got rid of it.
    1 from secunia, download update and save to desktop
    2 open folder containing old ocx file
    3 "cut" file from folder
    4 close both secunia and adobe file folder (and all browser windows)
    5 paste the cut file to recycle bin
    6 run update from desktop folder
    7 reopen secunia and rescan/ this should now scan 100%

Thanks
    Somewhere in there you could try Adobe's Flash player uninstaller: How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control. No guarantee it will work for older/crustier versions, but worth a try.

Thanks
    Another way to get rid of those unwanted Flash OCX ActiveX Controls is to use a File Shredder utility. Acronis and several other programs with disk utilities have good file shredders. Once the Shredder finds the OCX File in the Downloaded Programs Folder (under C:/Windows), the file is forced to be deleted, regardless of permissions or lockouts, and is overwritten at least once. This would do the trick here -- I've done this a number of times on my laptop, with complete success. Shame on Adobe for making this so damned difficult!
    -- Bob Primak --

Thanks
    I've had that problem with flash before in XP.
    A simple boot and then migrate back to the installation location resolved the non delete issue
    with the file in question. I would do this prior to installing any new flash.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Here is a quick fix for those pesty hard-to-delete files. Works in Vista and Win7:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67...ship-file.html