New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yesterday, I was experimenting with different fonts while working in the Visual Basic modules of MsAccess 2007. At one point, and I can't remember which font I chose, but Access Crashed. Now I cannot even access the Editor Format window under Tools, Options. The problem also occurs when trying to access the window from Visual Basic in Excel.

I tried uninstalling Office 2007, rebooting and reinstalling. I've uninstalled and run CCleaner and re-installed. No effect. I've downloaded RegistryBooster 2010, but not the paid version, uninstalled Office,ran, (but being free version, only partially cleaned), reinstalled and still no effect.

I feed that the font is stored somewhere in the registry, but I could not find it using msAccess as a search and also font as a search.

Anyone encounter these problems, and what did you do. I can work with vb as it is, but would like to take the crashing out of the picture. Is there a good, free Registry Cleaner?

Al

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    What font is currently displayed? The default is Courier New (Western) 10 Point, which is a mono-spaced font. Have you by chance set it to a font that is porportionally spaced? It is difficult if you cannot view the window, but hopefully you can get some idea of the font setting just by looking at some code.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I can't tell you the name of the font. It's not listed on this sites fonts, but it is not proportional. 4th column values line up, etc., but it does look italic and bold.

I just got an idea. I went into the fonts folder, and windows7 displays the fonts when viewed as tiles. I can see that the problem is with a font that I downloaded months ago (bitstream vera sans mono, it's great for reading as 1 is different from l, 0 is different from O, and it's not proportional). However, I've been using this font long before windows 7.

I copy the font to a different folder, and deleted the font.

Now Access shows me the code as fixedsys. I can now enter the Editor Format window and change the fonts.

To bring this one step beyond, I reinstalled the font, and selected the font. It displays beautifully, but not as italic and bold. I wonder when I was experimenting, a font got loaded bold and italic. then when I returned to bitstream, those settings carried over, and Access vomited.

Anyway, I'm back in business.

Wendell, thanks for your suggestions.