3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have tried, with no success, to install The Print Shop on my new laptop (Sony Vaio--F Series) . I am aware that the program is not compatible with Windows 7. However, it will not install when I use Windows XP Mode. I thought that the purpose of Windows XP Mode was to install and run programs that are not compatible with Windows 7. Is there any advice that can be given gto me?

Thank you very much.
    Alan Silberlight

Thanks
    Hi AlanChris,

Did The Print Shop run under XP or is the version in question designed to run in an earlier Windows OS, such as Win 98? If under an earlier OS, try running it in Compatibility Mode in the XP Mode.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

New Lounger
    Thanks
    FWIW, Print Shop hasn't worked with WINDOWS for a long time (not according to Broderbund/Encore/whoever owns it now, according to me). I used to love this program and used it all the time but haven't had any success using it for the last several versions. I keep buying new versions though (definition of insanity?). I just bought the new Print Shop Deluxe 2.0 which is supposed to be Win7 compatible. I installed it on two completely different Win7 machines (completely different hardware) and the installations seemed to be successful. However, both installs crash as soon as I open Print Shop. I also tried installing it in WinXP compatibility mode with no better luck. Worse, there's no error message. Their website sucks too - everything about sales and virtually nothing about support.

Also, when I bought it, I tried to use the "Smart" Download purchase so I wouldn't have to pay for shipping a disc. Apparently the "Smart" Download isn't compatible with Win7. The program is(?) but the method of downloading isn't! I ended up getting it shipped because "Smart" Download ended up not working for any versions of Windows at first.

So, good luck. Let me know if you hear of a solution.

Rob
    Rob

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you, Rob and Gerald, for responding to my post. I have used The Print Shop in XP machines with no problem. Also, I have used the Print Shop CD label creator. This is a standalone program that works with XP. I'm sure I'll have to buy the new version of the program.

I can't seem to install it in Compatibility Mode. By the way, I agree with the comment about the website. All sales but virtually no support.

Thank you again.

Alan Silberlight