New Lounger
    Thanks
    With the demise of the MS Office 2000 update site, has anyone put together a site or a package that can be downloaded with all the updates?

It is very time consuming to get all the updates and of course to install them in the correct order.

Thanks!

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Hi Larry,

If anyone did, MS would soon take action to shut the site down - or at least have the offending content removed. In any event, to update MS Office 2000, one first needs to make sure it's got at least the SR1 update, since that package is no longer available from MS (due to a legal agreement between MS & Sun over a court case some years ago). From there, you'll need to install SP3 if your copy didn't include that, followed by the various minor updates released by MS since then.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by macropod View Post
    Hi Larry,

If anyone did, MS would soon take action to shut the site down - or at least have the offending content removed. In any event, to update MS Office 2000, one first needs to make sure it's got at least the SR1 update, since that package is no longer available from MS (due to a legal agreement between MS & Sun over a court case some years ago). From there, you'll need to install SP3 if your copy didn't include that, followed by the various minor updates released by MS since then.
    Thanks for the information. I built a slipstream installation that included sp3 from my original MS Office disks but do not have a lot of the updates.

I am doing a reinstall on my "old" laptop and was surprised when I found out MS dropped online auto update support.

Oh well....

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I finally found an answer to my problem. It is in the form of WSUS Offline Update found at http://www.wsusoffline.net/

I am using an older version since the newest one stopped supporting Office 2000.

I hope this helps other people who have the same issues.

Larry