New Lounger
    Thanks
    In the initial setup of my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, I had one of my printers on a USB hub that was problematic and I moved that printer to another hub.

Now there are 2 instances of that printer in Devices and Printers. One icon is the working one. The other icon has a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark. Selecting that printer gives "Status: Needs Troubleshooting."

When I right click and select "Troubleshoot" the troubleshooting wizard reports "couldn't identify the problem."

Several forums/articles mention using the Print Management snap-in that I can't find in Windows 7 Home Premium.

I don't really need to remove the driver for that device, just the instance of that device that is no longer present.

I am an administrator on that system and I don't have the choice to Remove Device in the right click menu. I get: Open, Open in new window, Create a shortcut, Troubleshoot, and Properties.

When I go to Device Manager and View/Show hidden devices, I don't see any problem devices.

You can also see in this screen capture that the device description is similar to the one of the working printer but doesn't have the "HP" in front of it. Perhaps that detail comes from the driver not the hardware.

The problematic USB hub was a USB 1.1 hub. I replaced it with a powered USB 2.0 hub and that is what the working printers are attached to.

From Device Manager here are the USB controllers:

Drilling down in the first controller, here are the tabs:

Thanks
    Remove the one with the "HP" in front of it.
    Unplug your USB printer and uninstall and or remove any or all instances of a printer from device manager.
    Boot. Check to see that it is gone. Plug printer back in and alow drivers to install, I'm assuming there is no instalation disk.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.