New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have successfully turned off the "Search Suggestions" and display of history from the address bar, but the upper RH search bar continues to display items from previous searches and history whenever anything is typed into it. Is there a work around to turn off this feature, other than simply (and continually) clearing history or using InPrivate Browsing?
    --LarryR

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryR View Post
    Is there a work around to turn off this feature, other than simply (and continually) clearing history or using InPrivate Browsing?
    Click the down arrow and select "Manage Search Providers". Then select the search provider and the bottom there should be clickable "Disable Suggestions" link.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am not referring to the Search Suggestions, but the running list of entries created that will appear when entering data into the upper RH instant search box.. I do not want to loose cookies and passwords by deleting all at every exit. I am surprised there is not a registry key to shut this display off.
    Thank you, --LarryR

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    See if there is a setting at Tools | Internet Options | Content | AutoComplete | Settings that will do what you want.

Joe
    Joe