New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have uninstalled and re-installed the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. It works IN MOST INSTANCES (e.g. You Tube), but I find that it does not work when I am accessing MSN videos, especially in MSN.com. For example, I try to view financial news videos, specifically Jim Juback -- no go. There is simply NO screeen to show the video, and it says "done" at the bottom of the screen. I can see the other smaller icons of available videos -- but when I click on them, I can't view them -- a big blank where the screen is supposed to be. This happens in IE8, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. As I say, Flash works in most other applications. I am using Windows XP Home, SP3. Any help posssible?
    Don Vicente

Thanks
    Since it affects all browsers... Are you using any content or privacy filters in your security software, i.e., blocking ads, cookies, or referrer information? This might interfere with the MSN site in ways that do not trouble other sites.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't believe that I am using such filters. Since I use Hotmail, I do not have a "spam filter" in MS Outlook. My security software is Trend Micro. I just set the security level down a notch, from "medium" to "low," but no change as far as MSN (or Forbes) videos go. Thanks for the suggestion, but it seems that the problem lies elsewhwere.
    Don Vicente

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Rigdon View Post
    I just set the security level down a notch, from "medium" to "low," but no change as far as MSN (or Forbes) videos go.
    Two other "global" possibilities would be a hosts file that redirects the video server (unlikely), or a filter in your broadband router (also unlikely). Sorry, no other ideas.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have had the same problem. MSN videos don't play. For example at thebubble.msn.com I get the spinning circle and never see the video being played or notice any internet traffic on my modem. Today I read the Windows Secrets Newsletter Issue 254 2010-08-05 about Eliminate Flash-spawned 'zombie' cookies. I ran Flash Cookies Cleaner 1.2, offered as a free download on Softpedia. Reopend IE-8 on WIN-7 and all msn videos that I have tried work just fine.

Could the problem with msn videos be caused by a corrupted flash cookie?

BTW my IE-8 security settings are at med-high. I also had the same problem with FireFox and problem was also fixed after running FlashCookie cleaner.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Rigdon View Post
    I have uninstalled and re-installed the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. It works IN MOST INSTANCES (e.g. You Tube), but I find that it does not work when I am accessing MSN videos, especially in MSN.com. For example, I try to view financial news videos, specifically Jim Juback -- no go. There is simply NO screeen to show the video, and it says "done" at the bottom of the screen. I can see the other smaller icons of available videos -- but when I click on them, I can't view them -- a big blank where the screen is supposed to be. This happens in IE8, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. As I say, Flash works in most other applications. I am using Windows XP Home, SP3. Any help posssible?
    When did it first happen?