Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello everyone,

I have downloaded some .wav files to customize certain events such as opening a windows document.

I found a method at http://forums.techarena.in/customize...op/1154417.htm involving modification of the registry. However, I can't seem to make it work.
    I found one or two other answers to my question on the internet but they are basically the same and also do not work.

Does anayone have any suggestions, comments, etc. that will allow me to do what I want?

I am using Windows XP Home with SP3.

Thanks

raiderfan

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan View Post
    I have downloaded some .wav files to customize certain events such as opening a windows document.

I found a method at http://forums.techar...top/1154417.htm involving modification of the registry. However, I can't seem to make it work.
    I found one or two other answers to my question on the internet but they are basically the same and also do not work.

Does anayone have any suggestions, comments, etc. that will allow me to do what I want?
    If these events are available under the "Sounds and Audio Devices" control panel applet you should be able to assign the .wav file there.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Look in your root directory under "Media". This is where the "windows" sounds are stored.
    C\Windows\Media

You can add them to this folder.
    Enable them from the control panel applet.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    @JoeP
    @Clint

Thank you very much for your replies. However, I must have misworded my question.

If you assign a sound to "Open Program" under the "Windows" section of the applet every program opened (including the autostart programs such as the AV, Firewall, etc.) play the assigned sound. I want to assign a specific sound to a specific program. For example, I might want to assign the phrase "you have chosen wisely" (from Indiana Jones) only to the opening of a new Word Document.

Can that be done?

Thanks

raiderfan

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan View Post
    If you assign a sound to "Open Program" under the "Windows" section of the applet every program opened (including the autostart programs such as the AV, Firewall, etc.) play the assigned sound. I want to assign a specific sound to a specific program. For example, I might want to assign the phrase "you have chosen wisely" (from Indiana Jones) only to the opening of a new Word document.
    I don't know what events are available for the Office products but check out Download details: Office XP/2003 Add-in: Office Sounds.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I thought I replied to this but here's the solve for your sound events and more... It's called Desktop Architect and here's a nice safe link to it, oh BTW, don't know if it works with Vista, but it's fine in XP and SP3.
    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...scription.html
    I just did for vitrification and it's fine as wine!

Enjoy,
    Tom

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    @JoeP
    @Tom Kimbrough

Thanks to both of you. I'm sure these will solve my problem.

riaderfan