New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have Office 2003 SP3. Recently installed W7. Now every time I try to Save As a worksheet I get a message that the file already exists (it's apparently creating the new file as I'm typing the name in the box). When I try to replace the file I get a message that the file is marked Read Only - even though the Read Only box is not checked when I look at Properties.

Thanks
    Is this only happening in Excel?
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, only in Excel. Word doesn't have the problem. And the problem didn't appear until I moved to Windows 7. I've tried the Windows Discussion Groups, and no luck there (yet). Excel works fine in Safe Mode. I disabled my Anti Virus program - no change. There's nothing in my XL startup folder. I've played around with properties, but nothing has made any difference.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I think I solved it. I went into properties/security for the username folder and gave access to everything to every name on the user list, and it's working now.

Thanks.