Lounger
    Thanks
    I have M/S Windows Word 2000 9.0.2720 and Windows Live Mail 2009 Build 14.08089.0726 running on Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. When I try to send an attachment from Word to Live Mail, I cannot. The only "send to" commands available are "Fax Recipient" and "Microsoft Power Point". There is no option for e-mail.

In "Options" there is a tab"General", with the e-mail box checked. I unchecked that box, click OK and the send to options in
    Word are still fax and power point. I return to the general tab and check the e-mail box, then OK. The send to options are still fax and power point. At the botttom of the options box is e-mail options. I open that box and all I see is text options.

Now what?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fireman View Post
    I have M/S Windows Word 2000 9.0.2720 and Windows Live Mail 2009 Build 14.08089.0726 running on Windows 7 Professional 32 bit.
    Is Windows Live Mail set as your default mail client? If "mailto" links to email addresses in web pages open a new message in Windows Live Mail, it probably is. To double-check, in earlier versions of Windows and IE, this could be set either in IE's Options dialog or in the Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs>Set Program Access and Defaults. Not sure about Windows 7 and the latest IE.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    Is Windows Live Mail set as your default mail client? If "mailto" links to email addresses in web pages open a new message in Windows Live Mail, it probably is. To double-check, in earlier versions of Windows and IE, this could be set either in IE's Options dialog or in the Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs>Set Program Access and Defaults. Not sure about Windows 7 and the latest IE.

I went to a website and clicked onto a "contact" and a Windows live mail form did pop-up. But in my Work program, there are only 2 send to options shown, fax and poer point. If I go to Options, the e-mail box under "gerneral " tab is already checked.

Thanks
    If I go to Options, the e-mail box under "gerneral " tab is already checked.
    I'm not sure which dialog you are visiting. In Internet Explorer, try Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab > Email=Windows Live Mail. If it's already set, try switching to another program, OKing out of the dialog, and then switching it back. This causes the registry settings to be rewritten.

If Word still does not have the Send To option, it may have a problem with Windows Live Mail, or there might be another cause for it to be suppressed, such as a global template or add-in. Or it could be a glitch in running on Windows 7.

== Edit ==

Additional troubleshooting suggestions can be found in this star post: Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word

Lounger
    Thanks
    I did most of what you suggested, except there is no windows live mail listed. The next box does show that Internet Explorer is the default e-mail program. The next box lists things I am not qualified to do. I am already way past my comfort level. The local computer shop lost my trust when they accidently deleted my Word files, I got an aplogy, they lost a customer. I will take the desktop to the only computer guy that I have found that I trust. He is 100 miles away. But first, he needs to work on my laptop. Too bad computer experts do not make office calls. At least none around here do so.

Thanks
    I did most of what you suggested, except there is no windows live mail listed. The next box does show that Internet Explorer is the default e-mail program.
    That's strange. I wonder whether the registry settings for the email program have become corrupted. Or perhaps Windows 7 is just very different from XP.

Hands-on help, or should I say, competent hands-on help, is always great. But remember to back up first.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    I did most of what you suggested, except there is no windows live mail listed. The next box does show that Internet Explorer is the default e-mail program. The next box lists things I am not qualified to do. I am already way past my comfort level. The local computer shop lost my trust when they accidently deleted my Word files, I got an aplogy, they lost a customer. I will take the desktop to the only computer guy that I have found that I trust. He is 100 miles away. But first, he needs to work on my laptop. Too bad computer experts do not make office calls. At least none around here do so.
    IE8 in WIndows 7 is different than before. Did you do things as I've attached?

[attachment=88175:Capture.PNG]

Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Joe