3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This has probably been asked before. I'm using MS Word 2003 and it seems to remember the number of print copies I entered for the last document.i.e.Say I print Document "A" 50 times, the next document (without exiting Word completely and then re-opening) I open and I go to print, it will retain 50 copies and I do not want that. I have upgraded the print drivers for my default printer and still no luck. I've tried changing to another printer, and still no luck. I've done a print to file and viewed the file and it definitely says that it is 50. So, is this a Word problem. Any help would be great. thank you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bjg1 View Post
    Say I print Document "A" 50 times, the next document (without exiting Word completely and then re-opening) I open and I go to print, it will retain 50 copies and I do not want that.
    My Word print dialog always returns to "Number of copies: 1", even for the same document I just printed, but this could be related to a macro for our document management software and not the default behavior.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bjg1 View Post
    Say I print Document "A" 50 times, the next document (without exiting Word completely and then re-opening) I open and I go to print, it will retain 50 copies and I do not want that.
    Just tested this on a Word setup with no add-ins running to confirm - what you're getting is not Word's standard behavior - the number of copies should always reset to 1.

Are you running any add-ins that might be affecting this?

Gary

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This issue was reported by one of our employees. All of our computers should be set up the same way (laptops a little differently from desktops). My first thought, know the computer skills of the employee, is that there are no add-ins other than our standard macro template and tool-bar. I will need to check the system to be sure that nothing additional was selected.

Our IT staff have not been able to replicate the employee's issue.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you found a solution to this problem? My coworker and I experience the same issue. It will even retain the number of copies when I switch to a different printer.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Our trouble ticket is still open for this issue. We haven't found a solution or cause. It seems to be occurring for only one of our staff. IT hasn't been able to get our hands on the computer with the issue. Our staff members work at clients sites often. This particular computer is off to who knows where.

Do you have any ideas as to the cause?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Word always resets to the value (number of copies) set in the printer driver setup. Check the printer driver settings.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, I checked the printer drivers for both printers. Number of copies is set to 1 for both. So it should default back to this when I change documents, or at the very least change to another printer?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    At this time we have not been able to replicate the issue, but we have two people that have had this occur on their computers. The printers are network printers. I don't know if that makes any difference.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Ours happens on two different network printers, and on one printer directly connected to my computer. The coworker and I who have encountered this problem have identical setups, since we share the same work. I have not had a chance to test it on another computer.