New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a Gateway SX2802-03 Desktop with integrated graphics and I need advice on adding a new Low Profile Graphics Card.

I'm not sure what to look for in a graphics card.
    Do I have to match it to the Mother Board?
    Has anyone added a new card to this system?
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a card? If so, I would like to know what a good card would be and also what the best card would be regardless of price in case I can splurge in the future.

Product Description:
    - Small Form Factor
    - 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 Processor
    - 6144MB DDR2 Memory
    - 1TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive, 16X DVD±R/RW SuperMulti Drive
    - Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500
    - Windows 7 Home Premium
    - 64-Bit
    - Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad
    - Number of Processors: 2
    - RAM: 6 GB SDRAM

Thank You

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    That PC has only 1 expansion slot, a PCI express x16. You need to look for a half height PCIe video card to fit.
    Before you buy anything make sure you can disable the on-board video on the motherboard (in the BIOS), otherwise you may be wasting your money.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Check here for low profile cards

Some nice specs you got there, finding a gpu shouldn't be hard at all.

Take care, your case looks very small, a GPU card my add unwanted heat.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It really depends what you want out of a separate video card. Gaming? Video Acceleration only (for example, HD content).

For low-profile, I think the best options right now are the ATI Radeon 5450 and 5570. Anything better is only available in full-size brackets.

Thanks
    Moving thread to the busier Hardware board with the hope that the issue will be resolved more expeditiously.

Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge, Richard!

You stated "I have a Gateway SX2802-03 Desktop with integrated graphics and I need advice on adding a new Low Profile Graphics Card." Your PC comes stock with a 220 watt power supply. System specs found here .

So be careful about the minimum power supply requirement for the card you want to install. It will be difficult to find a video card that your power supply will handle. If you find one, it may not provide much more performance than the the Intel GMA 4500 already installed in your system board.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks
    It might not be worth the hassle of an upgrade on such a small system due to extra heat production and low power supply wattage.

You may very well end up having to upgrade the PSU too, all that only to find out your case temps are running too warm.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.