New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit and am having a problem with my monitor being very slow to get back to a normal screen brightness after coming out of standby or after turning it on. This problem did not occur when I was running Win XP Pro Sp3, I think it has been happening ever since I did a clean install of Windows 7 on a new HD. Once the monitor "warms up", it runs perfectly with great brightnes/contrast and no flicker. However, when I turn the monitor on after being off for the night (PC stays on all the time, booted into Win 7), it takes about 90 sec for the monitor to brighten up and stop flickering.

Thanks,

Ben
    My System:
    Asus P5Q-E mobo
    Intel Core 2 Quad 9400 CPU
    4GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR RAM
    EVGA NVidia 9800GTX video, 512 MB RAM
    1 TB Western Digital Black HD
    Samsung 204b monitor
    Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 bit
    Thanks,
    Ben
    My System: Asus P5Q-E mobo; Intel Core 2 Quad 9400 CPU; 4GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR RAM; NVidia EVGA 9800GTX video, 512 MB RAM; 1 TB WD Black HD; Samsung 204b monitor; Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 bit

Administrator
    Thanks
    Seems as though you have an aging monitor or a power problem with the monitor.

Do you have access to another monitor to try?

Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I read a little blurb somewhere about a bug in 7 where it gets hung up on processing the font or font size in use when bringing up the display. I don't know if the symptoms are those that are described here and I can't find the blurb any more. If its not a failing monitor one might try changing resolution, font, font size, etc., and see if it has any effect.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Seems as though you have an aging monitor or a power problem with the monitor.

Do you have access to another monitor to try?

Joe
    thanks, Joe. I do have another monitor I can try.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Thanks,
    Ben
    My System: Asus P5Q-E mobo; Intel Core 2 Quad 9400 CPU; 4GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR RAM; NVidia EVGA 9800GTX video, 512 MB RAM; 1 TB WD Black HD; Samsung 204b monitor; Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 bit