3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi All!

I'm getting some very strange behavior in Access 2003 (SP3). I have a form with a single checkbox on it. Eventually, I want stuff to appear/disappear when the checkbox is clicked. (ie. not as in a set of options, but as in yes/no)

The strange behavior is that I can't seem to write any code for the checkbox! When I go to the properties and try to build "on click" code, or even just right clicking on the checkbox and selecting Build, the VB editor goes crazy and then shows nothing! If I go to the form and go to the editor, the checkbox is not available in the dropdown box! (the listbox that I want to appear or disappear based on the click status of the listbox does appear in the dropdown)

Any clues as to why the funky behavior? They recently re-imaged my computer, so maybe some sort of patch was forgotten? Or maybe there's something else I forgot to do? I can't seem to find anything useful searching the internets....

:-/

TIA!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The usual event to use for that would be the After Update. If that is not offered, that suggests some database corruption.

This post has a list of some of the things you can try to deal with corruption.
    Regards
    John

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank goodness! That was it! The db isn't that old, so not sure why, but at least I'm not going crazy...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!