Thread: IE8 won't run

New Lounger
    Thanks

Arrow

I've hooked her drive to my system first then ran Avast Home, (MS Security Essentials(in Win7's XP Mode)), Lavasoft's Ad-Aware, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and Spybot - Search & Destroy all in Windows 7 64bit. Then I booted to my XP(32bit) drive and ran BitDefender 2009, Advanced Spyware Remover, the full version of "Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool."

Then I rehooked her drive to her system and ran Avast (after running then uninstalling AVG,) Lavasoft's Ad-Aware, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and Spybot - Search & Destroy, SUPERRAntiSpyware, CCleaner, and HiJackThis. The problem I could not get rid of is win32.VB.dn(www.sherv.net) but then i found WinkRemover to get rid of the virus.

But the system still isn't able to run Internet Explorer 8 running XP SP3. IE8 loads then closes as soon as it loads. I tried uninstalling reinstalling. After uninstalling IE8, IE7(it might be IE6) works. I even unistalled then delete everthing Internet Explorer before reinstalling only IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ENU.exe. I've uninstalled/removed/disabled all toolbars but Sympatico Toolbar will allway load. I haven't tried searching the registry to see and remove the toolbar there. It shows up no matter what IE version.

When I'm able to get IE8 to crash(to be able to look at it in Process Explorer)
    It looks like the problem is "C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe" SCODEF:1712 CREDAT:79873

The "SCODEF:<####> CREDAT:<#####>" isn't in the launching shortcut nor in the registry so I don't know how it's getting in(the # are numbers that changes when re-exicuting).

FireFox and Google's Crome work fine and the Hosts file looks fine which blocks (www.sherv.net)

Anyone have any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    It sounds like after much effort to get rid of a viral or malware infection one or more of your fixes
    fudged something up, possibly when the drive was connected into your machine.

Pull as much usefull data as needed and do a clean instal.
    The Right Way To Install Windows XP
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It had been doing the same before hooking it up to my system.