New Lounger
    Thanks
    On boot, Windows will not automatically connect to wireless network. Each time I have to click on wireless icon in tray and click on my network and then enter Key Code. When I go to Manage wireless networks, my active network does not show. I try to manually create a network profile and enter pertinent data and click next, it states "access denied". Have tried this both as owner/admin and as admin only.

Had no problem w/XP. Surely there is a way to get Windows to store my key code. I've been in Microsoft Windows 7 Forum and none of their suggestions work. I have downloaded GrantAdminFullControl.reg and installed it; then gone to every folder on disk and right clicked and selected GrantAdminFull Control after unhiding hidden folders. This allowed me to set up my Start Menu the way I like and gave me more control of the OS.

However, I simply cannot find a solution to an automatic log-on to wireless network on boot.

I have an HP Pavilion dv8 and Windows 7 Professional.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks
    Hi and welcome

We could use some info on ypur networking setup. Are you running PPOE? why the key code? etc

Ken
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry for the dup thread. Hope that you can delete it.

No PPOE. I have a Belkin router and was told to set up a pre-shared key in Belkin Security so that I had control of who uses my wireless (neighbors next door). However, Belkin says I should be able to set up a windows profile in Network connections which would allow me to enter the key code and it be remembered on my computers. When we tried that I get the "Access Denied".

When I delete the pre-shared key in Belkin and reboot computer I still have to click on wireless icon and click on connect automatically and connect. WLAN AutoConfig is set on automatic and the Dependencies have a + sign in the block left of the components.

Thanks for quick response. Just hope there is a solution to my problem.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    You should be able to connect automatically.

Did you name the router so you are sure to what device you connect?

Check to make sure that your router and NIC are using the same encryption method - use the highest form of WPA that you can support.

Configure the router to use a key. Delete the network in Win7. Re-boot the Win7 machine to start from scratch.

Double check the key when entering it. Make sure you select " Connect automatically when this network is available".

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    NIC and router correct. My router requires PSK (pre-shared key) on mode types except for WEP and bits. Mine is set on WPA/WPA2-Personal) PSK and encryption TKIP+AES. Reset and installed router again. All is fine except Windows 7 does not show active network in Manage wireless connections. Every time I try to add it, enter data and click next, I get "Access denied".

I absolutely do not understand why Windows is denying me access and not allowing me to manually add my network since it is not listed. If I could just gain access to add, I believe Windows would not then require me to enter Key Code on every boot up.

I've taken ownership control of all files and folders that Windows will allow. However, there must be some that are absolutely not available to users. Just wish the denial included an explanation. Cannot find anyone else or anything else on net regarding this particular problem. Don't feel I'm missing something!

Thanks for suggestions! Any and all are appreciated.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Willis View Post
    All is fine except Windows 7 does not show active network in Manage wireless connections. Every time I try to add it, enter data and click next, I get "Access denied".
    Do you have the router configured to broadcast its presence?

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Willis View Post
    NIC and router correct. My router requires PSK (pre-shared key) on mode types except for WEP and bits. Mine is set on WPA/WPA2-Personal) PSK and encryption TKIP+AES. Reset and installed router again. All is fine except Windows 7 does not show active network in Manage wireless connections. Every time I try to add it, enter data and click next, I get "Access denied".
    What firewall are you using?