Thread: chessmaster

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Has anyone had sucess in making Chessmaster's latest version run in Win7? Maybe I'm not in the right area here, but I'm frustarted by being told it works and following thread after thread that it needs adjustment, none of which has so far worked.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwnds View Post
    Has anyone had sucess in making Chessmaster's latest version run in Win7? Maybe I'm not in the right area here, but I'm frustarted by being told it works and following thread after thread that it needs adjustment, none of which has so far worked.
    Do you have a problem getting it installed or running it after installation?

Have you tried using compatibility mode settings?

What have you tried?

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Do you have a problem getting it installed or running it after installation?

Have you tried using compatibility mode settings?

What have you tried?

Joe
    Tried all of the possible compatibility settings. It appears to have installed properly. The spash screen runs, then a pawn swims across the screen, halts, and things freeze. Have read in a few places online of exactly the same behavior.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwnds View Post
    Tried all of the possible compatibility settings. It appears to have installed properly. The spash screen runs, then a pawn swims across the screen, halts, and things freeze. Have read in a few places online of exactly the same behavior.
    Have you checked the vendor's site? Is is supposed to be compatible with Windows 7?

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Have you checked the vendor's site? Is is supposed to be compatible with Windows 7?

Joe
    The vendor claims that it's been tested and found to work. This isn't borne out on various forums. Who knows what exact setup they used; they don't say, and the possibilities are numerous to say the least.