New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm having a continuing problem where popup windows are effectively opening behind the active window rather than in front as it should be. Example if I connect a thumb drive invarably it opens the little window asking what I want to do but behind the active window, in that case I can click on the taskbar icon and it will bring it forward. However the real problem that is hanging my system is that when I attempt to print a browser page to a PDF printer first a window pops up in front that says it's printing but then the PDF printer pops up a message directly behind the browser awaiting a response from me. I'm now in a catch 22 because the first window is in front of the browser and I can't close it until act on the window behind the browser which I can't get to. I am effectively hung at this point so hard that even though Ctrl-Alt-Del works if I select Task Manager it will not come up.
    Is there a solution short of not printing to a PDF from the Browser(Firefox)?

Gary

Thanks
    Hi and welcome

I dont have an answer for you, but a workaround for being hung. Have you tried show desktop, then clicking on the message you want to get to?

Ken
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Gary,

I'm having the same problem by the sounds. I also don't have a resolution. I thought it might be my mouse. I let Windows install the drivers when I did a clean install of Win7 last October and it has been working fine. I just installed the manufactures drivers with no change. There has to be a setting in Windows but where to look? Maybe turn off Aero, rather not though. Hope someone can help us.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried holding down the windows key and pressing Tab? This may just help you cycle through the windows to get to the hidden one.
    You can't get something for nothing
    You can't have freedom for free
    You won't get wise with the sleep still in your eyes
    no matter what your dreams might be

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, thanks for the reply, using Alt + Tab or Windows key + Tab will bring the hidden menu up front. However highlighting the window from the task bar and clicking on the window you want active will bring the chosen window to the front but in some cases not long enough to get your mouse up to it to click on anything within it. It will go behind another window almost immediately. Very annoying.
    It's most annoying in Quicken. I have Quicken run a backup when I exit each time. The pop-up menu asking if I want to backup will go behind Quicken and I have to alt. + tab to get it back in front. It's the same thing when the backup completes and you need to click OK on the pop-up menu telling you it completed the backup. This pop-up menu should stay in the foreground. It always did in XP SP3 and for the brief time I had Vista loaded (about a week) prior to Win7.