Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm using IE8 with Vista Home Premium. I can't delete the history displayed when I click the drop down menu on the address bar, even when the history displayed on the History tab of Favorites has been deleted. This has happened even though I've checked the box on the General Tab under Internet Options which says "Delete Browsing History on Exit". Delete browsing history did not fix this, even if I started in safe mode or ran IE as administrator or ran IE without add-ons (I normally have google toolbar and IE7 pro installed among others).

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klugherz View Post
    I'm using IE8 with Vista Home Premium. I can't delete the history displayed when I click the drop down menu on the address bar, even when the history displayed on the History tab of Favorites has been deleted. This has happened even though I've checked the box on the General Tab under Internet Options which says "Delete Browsing History on Exit". Delete browsing history did not fix this, even if I started in safe mode or ran IE as administrator or ran IE without add-ons (I normally have google toolbar and IE7 pro installed among others).

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
    Try Internet Options | Content | Autocomplete (Settings button). Check what you want completed and the "press" "Delete Autocomplete History".

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe,
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately your suggestion didn't work.

BTW, I had also tried Reset on the Advanced tab of Tools Internet Options without success. Furthermore, I searched in the registry for the web sites listed in the address history but couldn't find them.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Here is some additional information about my problem. If I delete the URL in the address bar and click on the drop down arrow, five URL's show up under History and five URL's show up under Favorites. It's always the same URL's. The five URL's listed under history disappear if I turn off Autocomplete. However, the save five show up if I turn autocomplete back on, even though I also have clicked the Delete Autocomplete History.

Where could this information possible be stored? Could any of the add-ons be saving these URL's?

Peter