New Lounger
    Thanks
    I built a database in Access 2000. I built a form for entering and reviewing certain data, and incuded controls for moving to the previous or next record. In Access 2000, I could scroll through the records in this form using the wheel on my mouse. If I single clicked on the next control (button), it would take me to the next record, but if I held the mouse button down while on the "next" control button, the records would quickly scroll by, until I released the mouse button. This was an easy way to scroll ahead several records.

When I upgraded to Access 2007, these features no longer worked. I understand that it was an intentional "feature" of the new version to disable scrolling through the records with the mouse wheel, to prevent people from accidentally moving to a new record while entering date in a form for another record. However, scrolling through records by holding the mouse button down while on the "next" control button in the form also seems to have been disabled. So if I want to move ahead to a record that is 20 records away, I need to click on the "next" button 20 times, or else enter in some known information in the search filter.

I can live without scrolling with the mouse, but holding down the next button was a real time saver for me. I've done some searching, but can't seem to find a way to enable this again.

Is there anyone that knows how this could be accomplished?

Brian

Thanks
    Microsoft ruined so much in Access 2007 (but enough of that).

Have a look at

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-70.html

There is a function here that ought to let you get the scrolling wheel working.

It doesn't solve the CTRL and Navigation Button issue, but maybe someone else can overcome that.
    Andrew

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    This post has some information about the loss of the scroll via the Next button. It seems there is no way to get that back.

It is possible to replace the built in navigation buttons with your own custom buttons. If you did that you could add some more buttons such as
    Go 10 records, Go 20 records etc
    Regards
    John

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Brian