New Lounger
    Thanks
    I experience a significant delay in the appearance of the printer dialog box primarily from 2 applications. One is Adobe Acrobat (using v.8.1) and printing from Outlook 2007 using the File/Print menu option (quick print works fine). I do not experience such delays with other applications. The delay in the appearance of the printer dialog box can be as long as 20 seconds. I am using XP SP3. There are some network printers on my office connection, but I have the same problem at home. I have had this problem for at least 18 months and cannot find any answers.

Spediteur

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I'm not sure there are any answers. Printing works but 2 apps are slow in printing, so those 2 apps must do it differently. Unless you change those apps there is probably nothing you can do.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Hi spediteur

If you have extra printers defined that are not available at the time you open the printer dialog, you may be experiencing timeouts while those printer statuses are interrogated. The way you phrased your post I'm not sure if this is the same machine at the office and at home, but if so that may be the case. Different printer drivers behave differently in this regard.

To see if this is the problem, try setting up a test user id for which the only printer(s) defined is/are the locally available one(s).
    Then see if the same problem is evident.

Jock