2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Has the fury over the Microsoft Update KB977165 subsided? I blocked it from installing on my computer after hearing about all the BSOD problems it was creating, and all the computers that would not boot up after installing it. . Now I hear nothing. Was another update created to fix the problem? I get this nasty warning when I check my Windows Update that I've blocked a critical update. Sure would like to know if there's been a solution or if the update can be allowed to install. Thanks. Judy

Thanks
    Just one of the hundreds of articles that followed some time after the initial hysteria...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rowlands View Post
    Very informative Andy, thanks. I have had no problems with any MS update. I have them all on 2 laptops and a desktop. The laptops are 64 Bit Win 7, the desktop is 32 Bit Win 7. Have never had a glitch. All were clean installs from Vista to Win 7 RC to Win 7 RTM. My belief is that, in most cases, the problem does not lie with the update, which is made somewhat generic in nature to encompass so many dofferent PCs and set ups, but lies with the individual PCs, either because they do contain something unstable to start with or has something unusual in their set up. Again, thanks for this link. Very nice.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Andy, Ted and BATcher. I'm comfortable now in letting that update install. I appreciate the info. Good article from Microsoft response team. I'm surprised that the many newsletters I subscribe to for just this reason haven't mentioned it. Oh, well. Thanks again. Judy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I got one of the best hoots of the year so far after someone I am aquainted with who is a strong advocate of Windows Update, run immeadiately and automatically, was hosed by the update. Well, he's all pissed and off his knob on Microsoft, only to find out later that he's actually just had a root kit revealed. Why the hoot? Because he's an even stronger advocate of Zone Alarm Pro!! Ohh, the justice!!