Lounger
    Thanks
    Here's one for you experts:

I've been using PowerPoint 2003 for years to create a monthly newsletter. About 6 issues ago, my Heading 1 style "forgot" its font! The style wasn't missing, the point size was correct, everything else about it was right--except it was now in Garamond (my default font).

No big deal, methinks. I selected all of one para, changed the font back to Tw Cen MT Condensed Extra Bold, choose "Update to match selection", and all occurrences looked good again. Made other changes to document. Saved. Quit.

The next time I opened PP, Heading 1 was Garamond again. And every time since! Whenever I open it, it forgets that one font. Does anyone have an explanation? Has this ever happened to you?

All other styles remain as defined. If I alter another style, it stays altered. I even went back a few months to an older edition, used that as the template for this month's issue, and now it forgets.

Any clues?

AL

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Has anything else changed? Still the same computer, no new fonts installed, no fonts removed? It sounds like your Master Slide may have been corrupted in some way, but that's just a shot in the dark....
    Wendell

Lounger
    Thanks
    No, nothing has changed, other than regular Microsoft updates. Say....

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    This is probably old hat stuff for you, but it may just trigger something: Set default fonts for PowerPoint presentations - if nothing has changed, take a hard look at the Master Slide.
    Wendell

Lounger
    Thanks
    OMG!

Wendell, I just read my post and, because when I wrote it I was working in PowerPoint, I actually said my problem was in PowerPoint. It's not.

It's in Publisher 2003!

I'm an idiot. Please accept my apologies. I think I'll try this again, this time mentioning the correct program!

AL