Thread: DVD Shrink

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have been using DVD shrink to back up my DVD's but cannot do this now that I am using Windows 7 64 bit. Does anyone know how I can overcome this or alternatively suggest another way. Thanks Alan

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I too, was using DVD shrink to back up DVD's; alas it won't work in Win 7 for me either.

I did a search for DVD Shrink on Download.com, and most of the alternatives were useful, but not free.

One alternative was DVD Shrink 2009: DVD Srink 2009 on Download.com

I have not tried it, nor can I speak on if it works well or not.

Good Luck!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    You might try IdealDVDCopy. However, it is only free for ten copies. It specifies Windows 7, but I don't know for sure if it works with 64 bit.

IdealDVDCopy

Thanks
    DVDFab, tried and true in Windows 7 64 bit.

Better than SmartRipper and DVD Decrypter, which still work in W7-64 I might add.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CLiNT View Post
    DVDFab, tried and true in Windows 7 64 bit.
    Thanks for that Clint. I will give it a try

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use DVD Shrink under Win7 64 without any issue. What issues are you having? I don't use it for decrypting, just to remove audio streams from iso's, and it's been working fine on two different PC's. If the problem is with the install, I never installed it, just copied the DVD Shrink folder from my XP box (under C:\Program Files).

NH

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I haven't had any problems with DVDShrink v3.2.0.15 and DVD Decrypter v3.2.3.0 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I had to run the Compatibility Wizard for DVD Decrypter but that fixed it. I don't remember running it for DVDShrink but I may have.

Lounger
    Thanks
    DVDShrink works fine for me also on x64 Ultimate. DVD Decrypter also works fine though when I close it I get half a dozen of so error messages pop-up that I have to close.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrock43 View Post
    DVDShrink works fine for me also on x64 Ultimate. DVD Decrypter also works fine though when I close it I get half a dozen of so error messages pop-up that I have to close.
    I used to get those errors too, but I'm not exactly sure how I fixed it.
    I think it had something to do with permissions.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I read your problem with DVD Shrink so I installed it in Windows 7 32bit. It worked perfectly. I installed NERO 6 ULTRA EDITION for burning to a blank DVD. I use this version of NERO because DVD Shrink would not automatically burn with other programs I had to open NERO and point it to the location where DVD Shrink saved the file of the movie. I did not use any other program I just setup the preferences of DVD Shrink it works perfectly. I don't understand why you are unable to make Shrink with your Windows 7 installation.
    I hope this helps.