New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,
    For about the last two weeks, my Hotmail messages are ALL being put in the Junk File. I've tried every setting adjustment I thought applicable, but no change. I've posted to the Hotmail Forum, but no one has responded.
    Your every consideration is appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Bob

Thanks
    Firstly, is this purely the web based email (web page/logon hotmail) account, or is it also associated with your email client too
    and what might that client be?
    Secondly, what exactly have you tried thus far to fix it (detail)?
    I use hotmail too and have never encountered this behavior, so give me alittle more info and I'll try to help.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi CLiNT,
    Thanks very much for your prompt reply. I use Outlook 2003, but I always screen my messages on line before downloading to my Outlook/Hotmail Inbox. Some of the things I've attempted in Hotmail were to lower the Junk E-mail security preferences in steps from Exclusive down to Light; I've also checked my 'Safe List' (all intact) and 'blocked Senders List' but nothing changed. Now that I've thought about this a little more, this could have happened as a result of the M$ February Security Patches; there were a total of thirteen for my system with WinXP Pro, Office Sm Bus 2003, and IE8. I'm considering uninstalling some relative patches to see if it makes a difference, but I'm not that desperate yet.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmat View Post
    Now that I've thought about this a little more, this could have happened as a result of the M$ February Security Patches; there were a total of thirteen for my system with WinXP Pro, Office Sm Bus 2003, and IE8. I'm considering uninstalling some relative patches to see if it makes a difference, but I'm not that desperate yet.
    If your e-mail is in the junk folder when you view it via the web interface before Outlook downloads it then none of the Microsoft patches could possible affect this. All that processing is done by the Mcirosoft servers and their Smartscreen filter.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi JoeP,
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, that is correct; when I sign in to Hotmail there may be one or two messages in my Inbox, but 10 or more in the Junk File. I go to the Junk File click on each message and than click the 'Not Junk' button. They then are placed in my Inbox at which time I review them and either delete them or download to Outlook for further handling. The odd thing is though these messages are placed in the Junk File, they are completely viewable; unlike a genuine Junk messages that are not visible until you click 'show message' and subsequently 'show pictures'.
    Thank you,
    Bob

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmat View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, that is correct; when I sign in to Hotmail there may be one or two messages in my Inbox, but 10 or more in the Junk File. I go to the Junk File click on each message and than click the 'Not Junk' button. They then are placed in my Inbox at which time I review them and either delete them or download to Outlook for further handling. The odd thing is though these messages are placed in the Junk File, they are completely viewable; unlike a genuine Junk messages that are not visible until you click 'show message' and subsequently 'show pictures'.
    Unfortunately, if you have adjusted your Hotmail options there is not much we can do. As I said, all the junk detection is done on the Microsoft servers.

BTW, do you have any filters defined in Hotmail to automatically sort e-mail?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Joe,
    Thanks again for your continued interest. No I don't have any filters designated other that the defaults. I tried something this morning I hope I don't regret. I used a M$ MSN 'fix-it' program for "E-Mail Client" and let it do its thing. Among other things, it deleted temporary files, internet cache, and cookies and fixed the 'Host File'. I had already processed today's messages (from the Junk File) so I won't know if anything has changed until I receive some 'friendly' messages. I'll post back.
    Thank you,
    Bob

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Well, that M$ MSN "Fix-it" maneuver was a bust. The only things it accomplished was to make me a stranger to the sites I commonly visit because of the cookie deletions. As much as I hate to, I may have to contact M$ support.
    Thank you,
    Bob

Thanks
    One last thing to try;
    Logon to your Windows Livemail account, formerly Hotmail, go to your
    "mail" area and then "options" at the far right >>more options..Click on "safe and blocked senders"
    then "Blocked Senders". Clear that entire area to the right in the box. (your blocked senders)
    Or take a closer look at what is listed in there. You should also try it with your safe "Safe senders"
    and "Safe mailing lists". You can backup these prior to clearing them.

Log-off and then log back on to see if this has made any kind of difference.

EDIT
    You've already done the above, my mistake.
    Your probably right about that update.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi CLiNT, JoeP, et al,
    Well my suspicions were correct; the Patch Tuesday changes of 2/9 did in fact cause my Hotmail problems, because yesterday 2/25 M$ issued two out-of-cycle patches and now my Hotmail messages are being sorted correctly. Although I am not aware of anyone else having this problem, evidently I was not the only one. Nevertheless, my appreciation for those who tried to help me in this predicament remains unchanged.
    Thank you,
    Bob