Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    In a Word 2007 document, I have a footer, which must be on each and every page, and I have pagination, I care not where, which I would prefer to have First Page Different. If I set First Page Different, it appears to affect headers, footers, and pagination all put together. The one cure I can think of is to have a section break after the first page, which strikes me as inelegant. Can someone suggest a nifty way of doing this? I don't really mind a section or other break, but this strikes me as the sort of thing that the Word gang would have covered very well without something so clunky.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peterg View Post
    In a Word 2007 document, I have a footer, which must be on each and every page, and I have pagination, I care not where, which I would prefer to have First Page Different.
    It might be easiest to copy the contents of the regular footer to the first page footer (with the exception of the page number).

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The pagination belongs to the entire section so the pagination for the first page would be the same as the other pages if the document has no section breaks.

If you decide to put the same footer on all pages but a different header on the first page then you need to set the different first page and copy the main footer onto the first page footer. There is no elegant way to use the same footer in each of the different footer types within a section.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Word will do as you will with H&Fs. There's some great information on using them here http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you all for the excellent help and for the very impressive link. From the look of that link, I have my (home)work cut out for me, and with any luck I will be a real expert before I finish.