Lounger
    Thanks
    I've been using Publisher 2003 for years to create a monthly newsletter. About 6 issues ago, my Heading 1 style "forgot" its font! The style wasn't missing, the point size was correct, everything else about it was right--except it was now in Garamond (my default font).

No big deal, methinks. I selected all of one para, changed the font back to Tw Cen MT Condensed Extra Bold, choose "Update to match selection", and all occurrences looked good again. Made other changes to document. Saved. Quit.

The next time I opened Publisher, Heading 1 was Garamond again. And every time since! Whenever I open it, it forgets that one font. Does anyone have an explanation? Has this ever happened to you?

All other styles remain as defined. If I alter another style, it stays altered. I even went back a few months to an older edition, used that as the beginning of this month's issue, and now it forgets.

Any clues?

AL

NOTE: This was inadvertently posted in the PowerPoint section of this board. My apologies. My problem has always been with Publisher.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    AL, this has happened to me a lot over the years with Publisher, Word, Excel and others. If you are using last month's newletter as the format for the current month, you are modifying the same document over and over. I think the file just gets corrupted. I would suggest always going back to a template you have set up. To fix it now, if you have no existing template, set one up and use that as your starting point each month. You may be able to copy and paste from a previous newsletter to help you set this up.
    I'll be interested to see if there is a more technical answer to this from others.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Jay. While I create and use Word templates often, somehow I never thought that Pub could create one! I just took your advice, stripped out all the content from last month's newsletter and saved the remainder as a template.

Oddly enough, this time, when I opened the PUB file, that danged style was displayed normally. Go figgur!

AL

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The changing font querk in Publisher goes all the way back to the very first version. The template 'fix' as suggested is the way to go. Been using the method for 15 years.