New Lounger
    Thanks
    Be Warned! I initially had a problem I was having with M/S Outlook [the program would not open] and it was erroneously thought to be an Anti-Virus Problem. After posting questions in various forums,. I was informed [quite rightly] that my problem had nothing to do with a virus or malware!
    IT IS NOT A PROBLEM ASSOCIATED WITH THESE EVENTS!
    What it does have to do with, is a CONFLICT with the updated free version of the popular AdAware Program
    EVERYONE SHOULD BE WARNED ABOUT THIS!
    I was about to reformat my C:\ drive in desperation... after I had tried to restore a previous version that had worked... when I opened AdAware it asked me if I would like to download and install the latest version [free]. I did so, and then it updated. From that point on the problem recurred!
    I tried to open Microsoft Outlook Express and the Program Window would open only momentarily!
    DISASTER. I rely on the calendar here and sync it to my PDA, but now I could not access it on my Desktop Computer!
    As soon as I UNINSTALLED AdAware, the program behaved as normal again!
    I tried to send Lavasoft an email about this problem because surely I am not the only one using Microsoft Outlook Express but could not locate a facility for contacting them via email with reference to a technical problem. So I sent them an email to their sales department.
    You might want to circulate this bug to your fellow computer users.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Your post here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic298212.html seems to be the only other evidence of the problem. Can you provide more detail, and link to any sites which show other parties with the same issue?

Many Loungers have abandoned Ad-aware for other malware programs, such as MalwareBytes, or MSE. See the Security Forum for more information.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS

Thanks
    This is a bit confusing. Did you have a problem with Microsoft Outlook 2000 (part of Office 2000), or with Outlook Express (part of Windows XP and earlier versions)? What version of Windows are you running?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBF View Post
    Your post here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic298212.html seems to be the only other evidence of the problem. Can you provide more detail, and link to any sites which show other parties with the same issue?

Many Loungers have abandoned Ad-aware for other malware programs, such as MalwareBytes, or MSE. See the Security Forum for more information.

I have just resolved a serious issue I had with Outlook 2007 due to Adaware too.
    After I closed Outlook I was getting a message that there was a dialog box open and please close it and try again' When I closed the error message, I could not restart Outlook, and there was a greyed out Outlook icon in the notification area. I had to forced Outlook to close via task manager.
    I spent weeks researching this until finally Outlook itself gave the information (something the effect that )that I had experienced a number of problems due to the Adaware email add-on, and did I want to disable it?'
    I did so, and also went to (Win 7) Programs and Features and found a separate entry for an email scanner for Adaware that I did not know had come with an update to the program, and I uninstalled that.
    No more problems (for now ;-)