New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am new to this forum but a long time subscriber and this is my 1st post so if I am out of line or doing something wrong please let me know.
    I am having a problem with PowerPoint not opening my PPS attachments in emails. I can however save them to desktop and
    then open PowerPoint2007 or 2003 and then I can open it from the desktop. I never had to save to desktop before as
    it would open immediately when I opened the attachment in the email. Did Microsoft send me an update that might have changed
    something. Thank you for your help.
    An old, retired computer tech....

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Don't have an answer, but just to help someone else potentially zero in on the problem:

What e-mail program are you opening the PPS attachments in? If Outlook, which version?

If you're using a web-based e-mail program, which one?

What version of Windows?

Which version of Office are you running?

Is this happening on more than one PC?

Gary

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Gary,
    I appreciate the constructive help.
    I am running WinXP home svc Pack 3
    Using Incredimail Xe build 4002031 Old Version with free junk and approved file.
    Using both powerpoint 2003 and Microsoft Office 2007
    I use google Chrome but IE8 is my default browser and yes, it happens
    on more than one computer and some of my friends computers who I maintain.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I would like to inform you that I have solved my own problem. I was using an early version of "Foxit Reader" and it was causing the problem.
    I was not doing my homework and looking at where the "popup saying could not parse xxxxxx.pps" was coming from. I just simulated the problem
    again and there it was in front of my face which I had not noticed before. I uninstalled Foxit Reader and both 2003 and 2007 PowerPoints are working
    properly. I was saving resources by using Foxit Reader in place of Adobe Reader but it turned around and bit me although it was one of the
    earliest versions. I will try the latest version of Foxit Reader and if there is not change I will consider the problem solved and consider this a
    learning episode for me on this very informative forum. Thank you for your time.
    John

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hazeltine View Post
    I will try the latest version of Foxit Reader and if there is not change I will consider the problem solved and consider this a
    learning episode for me on this very informative forum.
    Most programs should let you choose the file types they will open (the file types for which they will become the default application). If Foxit doesn't let you specify that, and you like the application, you might want to put in a feature request with the developer.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for that advice. I have not had an opportunity to use FOXIT Reader yet so have not downloaded the latest version but will test it and then make a short comment
    here either way. Thanks again.